Acitvities in Heilbronn
Quelle: Stadt Heilbronn
heilbronn.de und marketing-heilbronn.de
Through the “green” location of Heilbronn, between vineyards and city forest.
You can go for wonderful and informative hikes. You can hike along the Wein-Panorama-Weg at the Wartberg, for example. This 6 km long path connects the city forest with the vineyards and is the biggest “adventure museum” of the viticulture under the open sky. 24 stops with information boards offer hikers a deeper insight into the viticulture of Heilbronn.
The highlight of the path is the 308 metre high Wartberg. This is where you will have a beautiful view on Heilbronn and its surrounding area.
For more information: information: www.heilbonn-tourist.de
There you will find more scenic tours.
Playing golf in Heilbronn and the surrounding area? This does not sound very tempting for many golfers from outside Heilbronn.
However, there are now 26 golf courses within a radius of 50 km from Heilbronn (source: exklusiv-golfen.de).
Embedded into the beautiful landscape of the surrounding area is something to be found for every taste. From the public 9-hole course in Talheim (distance: ca. 10 km) up to the golf club in St. Leon Rot, the host of the 2015 Solheim Cup and featuring 2 awarded championship courses for golfers (distance: ca. 35 km).
You will find the following courses and clubs in direct vicinity of Heilbronn:
Golfclub Bad Rappenau
Golfplatz Cleebronn Schloßgut Neumagenheim
Talheimer Hof Public Golf
Whether it is a leisure park or a wellness oasis, there are many possibilities for recreational activities in Heilbronn.
In Heilbronn you will find the following recreational possibilities and activities:
• Experimenta Heilbronn: Germany’s biggest experimental exhibition. It is located in direct vicinity of the Insel hotel and young and elderly invite you to take part and to try it out (www.experimenta.de).
• Aquatoll Neckarsulm: Big waterpark with whitewater canal. Big sauna fascility with spacious outdoor area (www.aquatoll.de).
• Theme park Tripsdrill with “Wildparadies“ (wildlife park): A theme park in a beautiful location and with rides also for the smaller children. Animals can be fed in the Wildpapadies. The bird of prey show is a big attraction. (www.tripsdrill.de).
• Gallery Vogelmann and Deutschhof-Museum: Always changing exhibitions by various artists (www.museen-heilbronn.de).
• Climbing park Weinsberg: The beautiful climbing park is located on a small hill near the Weinsberg. Routes of various difficulties invite to a climbing session (www.kletterpark-weinberg.de).
• Boat trip: Explore the "Ländle" (dimunitive of land) with the Neckarbummler from the water... explore the surrounding area from a different perspective.
• Car technology museum Sinsheim
• The Staufer city Bad Wimpfen is great for a nice stroll through the narrow alleys. Cobblestone, crooked half-timbered houses and the Blue Tower make history come alive. There is also a lot to see and explore for children (www.badwimpfen.de).
WE HAVE THOUGHT OF SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR OUR GUESTS.
FOR EXAMPLE, YOU MAY TAKE THE TIME TO ENJOY OUR ART ARRANGEMENT WITH THE GALLERY VOGELMANN
Swabians are a "Feschtles-Volk" (happy folk). This is the reason why there are so many events in and around Heilbronn and that they often become well known in places far beyond its borders.
• Trolling marathon: Run along the beautiful wine region through picturesque vineyards and the beautiful lands of Heilbronn (www.trollinger-marathon.de).
• Heilbronn wine village: The cosy wine village is a staple at the market square in Heilbronn. Local winemakers and restaurateurs provide a delightful experience.
• Shopping: Big brands can be found in Heilbronn as well. Whether it is clothing, writing instruments, accessories or furnishings - Heilbronn has a lot to offer for shoppers.
The city centre is in walking distance of Insel hotel and there you will also find the main shopping streets: Kaiserstraße and Fleiner Straße.
Are you looking for anything specific? Just ask us at the reception. We would be pleased to help you.
Events & Shopping
The complete Eventcalender can be viewed AT
THE HEUCHELBERG IS A 353 METRE HIGH MOUNTAIN RANGE CLOSE TO HEILBRONN AND IT IS PART OF THE NATURE PARK HEUCHELBERG-STROMBERG. ONE OF THE SIGHTS WORTH SEEING IS THE HEUCEHLBERGER WARTE (WATCHTOWER). THIS IS ALSO WHERE YOU WANT TO REST AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL CLIMB.
THE GUIDED NATURPARK TOURS ARE ANOTHER GREAT ACTIVITY. THESE CAN BE BOOKED WITH FOCUS ON SPECIFIC SUBJECTS.
Insel Excursion tip
Käthchen City & SURROUNDING
EVENTS, PLACES WORTH SEEING AND ACTIVITIES IN THE SURROUNDING AREA OF THE INSEL HOTEL.
Many think of Heilbronn as just the economic centre of the Heilbronn-Franken region. We would like to show here that Heilbronn has a lot more to offer.
It is definitely worth it to spend a day or two exploring the surrounding area or the places worth seeing in the city.
Heilbronn does not only have the biggest port at the Neckar, but it also has a wonderful promenade – the Neckarpromenade.
You can simply start your exploration right from the Insel hotel.
Are you looking for more nature? Nature can also be found close to the centre of Heilbronn.
Heilbronn is surrounded by vineyards and the city forest, which makes Heilbronn a “city in the green”.
The Wertwiesenpark is accessible through the Neckarpromenade right from the Insel hotel. The Pfühlpark in the eastern part of the city is great if you have children. A beautiful playground and the nearby Trappensee are the reasons for the attractiveness of the southern part.
The Ziegeleipark in the district Böckingen to the south of the city also features a big playground with water parts for children.
You want to explore the city at the nackar?
Please contact our reception.
It is a pleasure for us to assist you.
Please Call us